HOW TO DEAL WITH THE UNEXPECTED STUFF WHEN YOU ARE EXPECTING
Trust me Pregnancy is awful until you see your baby.
You can make it pleasant journey only if you start accepting it as a physiological change in your body but not a disease.
Let me start from the beginning – It starts like this:
STAGE 1– INITIAL “AWE STUCK” PHASE: where everybody goes yay! wow!! Sparkling eyes in family **. Lots of wishes & advice’s pouring in. The good part is – you are happy to accept them at this phase.
STAGE 2: THE LONGEST PHASE – The beginning of depression. where u start feeling lonely, low, and some unexplained feeling that makes u irritable.
Tips to overgrow this-
- Keep the stuff which makes you feel nausea , vomiting away .
- Re innovate your room with the things you like to see on the wall.
- Dont take break from work unless the doctor strictly instructs.
- Dont stay in closed rooms.
- take your passion as first work
- Go for yoga
- Dont use laptops, ipad or phone for longer times.
- breathe fresh air, go for walks, dont rely on second person . Bring that friend inside you, help yourself, enjoy every movement. stay close to nature. keep yourself occupied till you go to bed.
- Eat every 2 hrs, small bites.
Third phase: Anxious perinatal stage. – keep your hospital bag ready. Go for foot spa. Encourage warm bath.
Things in your hospital bag
- baby dress
- head to toe baby wash
- mittens, cap, sweater
- mommy sanitary pads
- feeding braciers
- breast pads
- front button shirts for mom
- butter moisturizer for mom.
Initial labour stage:
- when you start feeling that abdomen tightening, if you are primi/ first time pregnant- go for warm bath, continue walking, take deep breaths, until you can.
- DONOT HAVE ANY SOLID FOOD, STAY ON SIMPLE LIQUID DIET.
- when the tightening process increases every 30 min approx go to hospital.
Warning signs that to observe for :
- Water break- u feel that ur pants got wet spontaneously & fluid is from vagina not urination.
- Vaginal bleeding.
TIPS TO EASE YOUR LABOUR – RELAX TAKE A DEEP BREATHS DONT PUSH BEFORE THE RIGHT TIME. CARRY A SMILEY PRESSURE BALL – KEEP PRESSING WHENEVER U FEEL YOUR CONTRACTION.
Finally you can see the real glow after the little baby comes out and feels your skin.
Post delivery: Stay positive
ENJOY EVERY MOMENT, you are the proud mom, with the power of giving a life to other creature apart from god.
Always interact with your baby, keep smiling, ur baby friend can feel, listen and smell everything through you.
LACTATION TIPS: Always feed the baby in sitting posture or slight inclination with good support at your back and baby on your hand with head up.
Wait till 3rd day for your breasts to get ready for lactation. Baby just need few drops of colostrum till then. Dont hurry up on formula. Formula feed can make your baby plump but breast feed has 100 nutrients more than formula and the baby immunity to sustain any ill health is increased by breast feeding.
Timing the feed: NO TIMING , DON’T!!. If the baby cries for 5 mins give the feed for the first 1mth. Babies just ask for nipple for soothing relief and get back to sleep. So you notice they feel hungry faster.
- keep changing the sides for feeding.
- Express milk if the baby is not on feed for long time or else you will end up in lactation mastitis.
- take a rattle in one hand to keep baby awake when feeding.
- if the baby passes stools, change diaper and continue feeding.
- some times in the first few days the baby experiences transient diarrhea, which will subside soon.
- If you undergo c-section, dont lift weights,dont bend your spine if you wanna lift something from ground level bend your knee and keep your spine posture straight.
- Enjoy your motherhood.